One of my daughters has a good friend who invited her to a fall festival last weekend.They ate fair-type food, rode carnival rides, and stayed up late listening to local bands perform. When my daughter visits this girl’s house, she swims with her friend in their pool, explores the woods by their creek, plays Wii, and finishes the day eating pizza and Oreos.
This weekend was quite a contrast. My daughter wanted to invite this friend to our house, but we already had several things on the schedule, none of which was a carnival.The friend would simply have to tag along.This is what her friend—lucky girl—got to do with the Kroekers:
- Sit through little brother’s soccer game.
- Water the garden and window boxes.
- Sit through a sister’s soccer game.
- Meet up with members of a cross country team at a hilly park and run 45-60 minutes nonstop.
- Eat a healthy dinner that included broccoli. No dessert.
- Sit through a short devotional.
After the devotional, the two girls had about 20 minutes to play some kind of game that involved sketching, and then it was time to take her home.