(alternative button below)
Here at the Food on Fridays carnival, any post remotely related to food is welcome. Recipes are enjoyed, but you can just share a picture of your fridge snapped on the day you cleaned it out, explain where mushrooms come from, or write a rollicking raspberry rhyme.In other words, the Food on Fridays parameters are not at all narrow. I think of it as a virtual pitch-in where everyone brings something to share; even if the content of one item is unrelated to the rest, we sample it all anyway and have a great time.When your Food on Fridays contribution is ready, just grab the broccoli button (the big one above or the new smaller option at the bottom) to paste at the top of your post and join us through Mr. Linky.Here’s a Mr. Linky tutorial:
Write up a post, publish, then return here and click on Mr. Linky below. A screen will pop up where you can type in your blog name and paste in the url to your own Food on Fridays post (give us the exact link to your Food on Fridays page, not just the link to your blog).You can also visit other people’s posts by clicking on Mr. Linky and then clicking participants’ names–you should be taken straight to their posts.
Food on Fridays Participants
- Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker (Chicken Curry and Naan)
- My Practically Perfect Life (Fondue Pot-Power Outage)
- Hoosier Homemade (Fruit for the Fourth)
- Halala Mama (Spinach Rice)
- Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free (Homemade Strawberry Jam)
- Kitchen Stewardship (Freezer Food Tips)
- Meanwhile, back at the ranch… (Easy Home Cookin’)
- My Country Haven (Pina Colada Cake)
- Newlyweds! (Outback Steakhouse Bushman Bread)
- Glimpse of Sonshine (Cherry-Apple Bran Muffins)
- Momtrends (Friday Feasts: Grilled Corn)
Food on Fridays with AnnA big thanks to Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker for her homemade Warm Delights recipe!If you have cake mix on hand, these are a super-easy, super-tasty, super-fast and super-fun way for friends and family to create personalized desserts.I had one just last night with chocolate chips and caramel sauce stirred into chocolate cake mix and recreated it especially for this post (see photos below).Be sure to drop by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker to thank her for this life-altering dessert experience.Here are the instructions:Warm DelightsIngredients:
- 1/4 cup cake mix (any flavor)
- 1/8 cup water
- 1-2 tsp filling/mix-in of your choice(ex: caramel, hot fudge, strawberry or raspberry jam, coconut, marshmallow, nuts, peanut butter, chocolate chips, etc.)
- In microwave-safe cereal-sized bowl, stir water into cake mix.
- Add filling(s).
- Microwave on high for 1 minute (microwave times and temperatures vary; start with less time on your first attempt).
- Warm Delight will be very hot. Let sit at least 3 minutes before digging in.
In this photo, the 1/8 C water is combined with 1/4 C cake mix.Here, the chocolate chips are about to be stirred in. I snapped another photo showing what it looked like when the caramel sauce was added, but it was out of focus. Imagine the swirls of sauce drizzled artfully over the mixture.Here it is, straight from the microwave, piping hot.Forget ice cream sundae parties—now Warm Delight mix-in parties will be all the rage!
More Friday Carnivals
Is Food on Fridays not fun enough for you? Not in the mood for food? Check out these other great carnivals!
- Hooked on Houses hosts Hooked on Fridays
- Anne Glamore at My Tiny Kingdom is hosting Flashback Fridays
- The Inspired Room is hosting A Beautiful Life
- Amber at the run-a-muck is hosting Friday Funnies
- Frugal Fridays at Life as Mom
- The Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap
- 7 Quick Takes Friday, hosted by Conversion Diary
- Aloha Friday, hosted by An Island Life
- Favorite Ingredients Friday, hosted by Overwhelmed With Joy
- Fifi’s Fashionable Friday, hosted by Fifi Flowers Design Decor
- Finding Freedom, hosted by Cents to Get Debt Free
- Finer Things Friday, hosted by The Finer Things in Life
- Four Foods On Friday, hosted by Fun, Crafts and Recipes
- Friday Felicities, hosted by beckyperry.us
- Friday Fill-Ins
- Friday Show and Tell, hosted by Canada Girl
- Photo Story Friday, hosted by What Works For Us
- Say It Forward Friday, hosted by 5 Minutes For Mom
(a slightly smaller Food on Fridays button)
Join Mega Memory Month for the month of July!