After a brief brownie diversion on Friday, I thought we could return to the discussion launched the other day with my post, “Could You Live TV-Free?”This is basically a resource page. I found others online who are committed to collecting research, articles and links on this topic of living TV-free and wanted to share them with you:
- How TV is (quite literally) Killing Us, from TVFreeLiving.com (their tagline: “Get Out and Live!”)
- More articles to scan from TVFreeLiving.com
- Center for Screen-Time Awareness has a fact page with links. I clicked to a few interesting pages.
- Benji.com talks about the Risks of TV
- A blogger writes 40 Positive Effects of a TV-Free Week
- Parent and Child Health site offers overview of television’s effects on children with recommendations
- [New] “Family Unfriendly,” by Megan Basham in WORLD Magazine, February 28, 2009. The intro says, “Sex-obsessed programming is part of effort to rebrand ABC Family Channel.”
Be sure to glance through the reader comments on my first TV-Free post. They included excellent glimpses into life with limited television, TV-free households, and those who enjoy it regularly. I appreciated all of the insight and stories.And just so you know, Sunday will be TV-free for me.
Sweet Pea says
Hmm, TV free certainly wouldn’t be a bad thing for most of us to add into our days. I was thinking of doing a media free day each week, no TV, computer, radio etc.
Dstation TV says
Nice article .Thank.