Rita Rose, a friend of my mom, recently came out with her first book entitled World’s Tallest Woman: The Giantess of Shelbyville High. Rita gave the book designer a stack of photos to choose from for the cover. Out of that stack, the designer selected this one (from the book’s Amazon listing):
Sandy’s shirt reads, “I’m With Shorty.”I’m “Shorty.”Before you have some fun in the comments, let me say by way of disclaimer:
- I learned early to shop garage sales.
- I’ve consistently valued warmth and comfort over beauty.
- I’ve always preferred a simple hairstyle.
- I don’t remember exactly what I was thinking at that moment, but the experience of meeting Sandy was positive. I do remember that.
- I’ve only appeared on the book cover; I have not yet read the book.