Check it out! I can write a short post!I thought I’d prove it to you…in contrast to yesterday’s incredibly long post about touring the ten Boom museum. Online I found some Ten Boom treasures to share with you:
- A youthful Pat Robertson interviews Corrie in 1974 (interspersed with a few short clips from “The Hiding Place” movie). It’s so neat to see and hear her.
- A woman posted a very short video shot from inside the Hiding Place in Corrie’s house. You’ll feel like you yourself have climbed inside and lowered the secret door.
- This is a video slide-show someone uploaded with snapshots similar to mine. Complete with dramatic music and a bit of footage from the film as an intro. A little hokey, but it shows you the place.
- Photos from the museum are available to view on the Corrie Ten Boom official website (glare-free!).
- A short bio and excerpt of a Guideposts article available from PBS in a series “The Question of God.”
- Of course, I highly recommend reading Corrie’s book, The Hiding Place.
- Download actual messages/sermons delivered by Corrie ten Boom herself (in MP3 format) at this site. It’s very cool, and it’s free. I tried it.
- Lots of excerpts from Corrie’s writings here.
- Wikipedia has her bio and info (including a few more links).
- Haarlem website with a nice bio.
- Someday I need to buy a DVD of the film, “The Hiding Place.” The Belgian Wonder saw it when he was young and said it impacted him deeply. “It stays with you for life,” he said.
It worked well for me this week to find all of this, as I’ve been thinking about her a lot lately. So my Works For Me Wednesday tip is that thanks to technology, I can dig deep into the Internet when I want to know more about something. And then I can share the wealth.Enjoy learning more about Corrie ten Boom.Return to Rocks In My Dryer by clicking here.Visit the archived Ann Kroeker WFMW tip-collection here.
Brandy of The Building Brows says
Thanks for these. My son will be reading The Hiding Place this coming year for school and your links will prove a wonderful supplement I hope will boost his interest level.
I love this post! I have admired Corrie ten Boom since I was a little girl. I have a quote on my refrigerator door that reads:
“If you look at the world, you’ll be depressed. If you look within, you’ll be distressed. But if you look at Christ, you’ll be at rest!
Thank you for all these clips and links!
Thanks! Love Corrie ten Boom!
Thanks for these. I wanted my son to read The Hiding Place this summer, so I’m excited to show him all this.
p.s. I meant to also give credit to Corrie for the quote I left above!
So excited to stumble across your post tonight! I just checked out “The Hiding Place” from the library this past week. I read it when I was a teenager and have quoted Corrie Ten Boom often but haven’t read it in years. I’m very excited to read it again and then check out the links you have.
Thank you so much for posting all of this wonderful information on Corrie Ten Boom. What a beautiful encouragment to believers. I’ve read her book several times and find it to really challenge and encourage me. I lack her courage and need to be reminded of God’s everlasting love.
z41QII Excellent article, I will take note. Many thanks for the story!
Ten Boom says
The Hiding Place is really a must-have for every book lover. It is just full of inspiration that we can live by everyday.