Episode #41: 5 Steps to Find Time for Writing
This week I planned to record a podcast about managing time and—wouldn’t you know it—I had absolutely no time to record it. I’m not 100 percent sure that’s situational irony, but I can tell you it is definitely 100 percent frustrating.
At any rate, I finally snatched some time to record it, and I’m offering five steps to find time for writing.
The steps are:
- Figure out what you’re doing with your days.
- Stop doing some of those things by eliminating, delegating, or pausing anything you can.
- Determine if you’re in a chaotic season, and if you are, admit it and as much as possible, embrace it.
- If you have a predictable schedule, block off time for writing; if you’re in a chaotic season, be ready to snatch an opportunity when time opens up.
- When you find the time, write.
Soon you’ll see how managing our energy and attention fits together with managing our space and time, but we have to find time for writing before we can make the most of it with maximum energy and attention.
Listen for the full podcast.
- #40: Take Charge of Your Writing Space, Tasks, and Projects
- #39: Manage Your Writing Space to Be a More Productive Writer
- #38: Manage Your Writing Space, Time, Energy, and Attention
- Toggl app to track time
* * *