I write about some aspect of food often enough that I decided to dedicate a day to it.The only logical choice?Fridays, of course, for that great “F” alliteration. I like saying, “I host a carnival on my blog called ‘Food on Fridays’.” It’s fun!Anyway, if you write about food fairly frequently, why not make it on Fridays, too, and join me here?Food posts don’t have to be a recipe–anything remotely related to food is great: You could take a pretty picture of muffins to post, or you might read and review The Omnivore’s Dilemma or Green Eggs and Ham. Anything that mentions food–bring it on! Post it! Link it!. Use Mr. Linky and/or the comments to link-in, and I’ll go back in later and post links the old-fashioned way right here in the text to ensure maximum search-engine-exposure.
Food on Fridays Participants
1. Sara/shepherdsgrace at Beauty in the Mundane (Homemade Convenience Food!)2. Edie at LifeInGrace (Beef Enchiladas with step-by-step instructions!)3. Ann Kroeker and her Nutella obsession, as demonstrated by manic linkage (see below)4. Tammy at This Pilgrimage (Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies)Ann’s Food on Fridays contribution:I love Nutella.My family knows it, so I was given Nutella for Christmas.My friends know it, so I was given two giant jars for my birthday.My blog-readers know it, because I have a category dedicated to Nutella, which I created after publishing this post back in January 2007.Nutella is European–Italian, to be precise.You can visit the Nutella USA site for additional info. For example:
- Did you know that Nutella, which is sold in the peanut-butter aisle in America, is marketed in over 75 countries and outsells all brands of peanut butter worldwide?
- The creator invented Nutella in the 1940s when cocoa was rationed during the war. He added hazelnuts, which were plentiful in Italy, to extend the chocolate supply.
- And their recommended usage is to spread it on various bread products. They’ve photographed and published examples on this page (be still my heart!).
Facebook users? Apparently there are numerous Nutella fan groups you can join.Our Top Personal Nutella Applications:
- Spread on fresh French bread
- Dip fruit into it
- Spread in crepes
- Spread in crepes with bits of banana cut up with it
But the most impressive Nutella news of all? World Nutella Day is coming up on February 5, 2009 !Seriously! They have a button and everything:So, what about you? Write about food and tell me all about it–right now, for Food on Fridays!And if you love Nutella, write about it, publish your post on February 5, and tell the lovely ladies hosting World Nutella Day so they can include your wonderful Nutella thoughts. While you’re waiting, why not experiment with Nutella? Check out these fabulous Nutella ideas from people around the world:Nutella 2007, pt. 1Nutella 2007, pt. 2Nutella 2008, pt. 1Nutella 2008, pt. 2If you’re not into food and you’ve tired of my Nutella-talk, you can check out some of the other Friday Carnivals that I’m aware of:
Julia at Hooked on Houses is hosting Hooked on FridaysAnne Glamore at My Tiny Kingdom is hosting Flashback FridaysThe Inspired Room is hosting A Beautiful LifeAmber at the run-a-muck is hosting Friday Funnies